Setting New Year Goals – What Excites You About The Year Ahead?
Director & Lead Coach
As the memory of Christmas fades, it’s time to think about your new year goals.
I can’t believe how fast the holiday has gone, so if you haven’t stopped to think about your new year goals, now is the time to do it.
The time you take to pause and take stock of the previous twelve months can be really beneficial.
Having acknowledged what you achieved in the past year, setting your sights on your dreams for the future can help bring clarity to your goals, creating momentum towards achieving them.
The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.Melody Beattie
It’s All In The Question
I’d like to share a few questions I’ve used when coaching leaders that may help with your reflections on last year and in setting your new year goals:
- What did you accomplish in the last year?
- What specifically made a difference in accomplishing these?
- What were your disappointments?
- What are the top 3 lessons learned? TIP: Write these as a set of guidelines for the future
- How did you limit yourself?
- What can you possibly do differently to break free from these limits this year?
- What are your top goals for this year?
- Why are these important to you?
- What values and qualities do you wish to express more in the coming year?
- What are you excited about and looking forward to in terms of your development?
Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible Phil Crosby
Call to Action
Make some time to reflect on these questions, then record your answers and your new year goals in a way that works for you.
Whichever way you choose, make sure you refer to it throughout the year.
Most of all, have fun with it!
You Might Like:
[lptw_recentposts layout=”grid-medium” post_type=”post” link_target=”self” category_id=”80,77,78″ fluid_images=”true” height=”400″ featured_height=”400″ min_height=”0″ space_hor=”6″ space_ver=”6″ columns=”3″ order=”DESC” orderby=”rand” posts_per_page=”3″ post_offset=”0″ reverse_post_order=”false” exclude_current_post=”false” color_scheme=”dark” override_colors=”false” background_color=”#4CAF50″ text_color=”#ffffff” excerpt_show=”true” excerpt_lenght=”35″ ignore_more_tag=”false” read_more_show=”false” read_more_inline=”false” read_more_content=”Read more →” show_date_before_title=”true” show_date=”false” show_time=”false” show_time_before=”false” show_subtitle=”false” date_format=”M j, Y” time_format=”H:i” no_thumbnails=”show”]